Geo Art refers to groups of multiple caches placed to create shapes and symbols when viewed on the map.
South West Arizona Geocachers
presents Arizona's contribution to the "50 State Star Geoart" project which is striving to place a star in each of the fifty states.
The Arizona Star, a series of 51 caches is located on the Barry M. Goldwater Range, home to many of Yuma's finest caches. The Star is located about 30 miles east of downtown Yuma and south of Wellton.
* These caches are located on the Barry Goldwater Bombing Range. A free permit is needed to enter the range; this can be obtained at the Marine Base in Yuma on weekdays.
* This is the desert; home to many animals. Please be aware of your surroundings.
* The roads or lack of roads can be over rough terrain. A 4x4 with high clearance is strongly recommended.
* Please stay on existing trails. DO NOT BUSHWHACK OR WRECK THE DESERT. If you shouldn't be driving to it, just hike to it. 500 feet is not that far.
* This artwork has 51 caches.
* Make sure you have plenty of water and snacks.
* Carry out what you take in, don’t leave anything behind.
* Please report any problems with caches when you log the Arizona Center Star.
* Most important of all…Have Fun!
Some things to remember when doing this series